With so many vehicles out on the road, the unexpected can happen all too easily (no matter how good a driver you are!) which is why you need to be covered with the correct insurance. But with the different types of car insurance on offer, it can be hard to know which option to choose. Today, we’ll be looking at the main types of motor insurance so you can make an informed decision with your cover.

Third party property cover

This policy will only protect you financially against damage caused to other vehicles and will generally provide you with no cover for damage to your vehicle except in specific circumstances. In some cases, you’ll receive cover for some damage to your vehicle if an accident is the fault of another vehicle and they’re not insured. This form of car insurance offers the cheapest premiums and is often a viable option for people on a budget or if your car isn’t worth enough money to insure it.

Third party fire and theft cover

Along with covering damage caused to other vehicles, this policy will also protect you against certain events, namely loss or damage caused by theft and damage caused by fire. This means that while also getting peace of mind that you’re protected for damage to other vehicles, you’ll also receive added protection for your car. This is a good option for individuals who don’t think it’s worth insuring your car but want some level of cover. Remember, this policy still won’t cover you if your vehicle is damaged in an accident.

Comprehensive cover

As the name suggests, comprehensive car insurance is full coverage insurance which offers a high level of financial protection. With this policy, you’re generally covered for repairs and replacements for your vehicle regardless of whether the damage was your fault or not. It also tends to have a number of additional extras such as emergency repairs, hire vehicle costs and windshield repairs. With comprehensive car insurance, you can choose between insuring your car at an agreed sum or market value. Remember that comprehensive cover can vary significantly between different insurers so make sure you read the fine print and fine cover which is right for you.

Here at GSK Insurance Brokers, we specialise in motor insurance for our customers across Australia. Whether you’re looking for third-party property insurance, third party fire and theft insurance or comprehensive cover, we’ll be able to find you a policy which is perfect for your needs. We’ll not only help you out by finding the best cover for you in the initial stages, but we also liaise directly with the insurer on your behalf in the event of a claim.

For motor insurance brokers Australia, contact GSK Insurance Brokers today on (08) 9478 1933.

June 11, 2019

By Graham Knight

Founder and Managing Director of GSK Insurance (established in 1981). Graham draws upon more than 50 years’ experience in the insurance industry, working in both insurance and broking across various private, public and government sectors in Australia.

Leave a comment

Get a Free Quote Today!