A Plant, Machine and Equipment Breakdown Insurance policy can protect you from financial loss when things don’t go to plan.
If the continuity and turnover of your business is contingent on machinery and equipment, a damaged part or breakdown could affect your capacity to continue to operate. Machinery breakdown could have a significant and detrimental impact on your bottom line.
Who should consider it?
If your business relies on the equipment you use daily, like electrical switchboards, telephones, lifts, air conditioning, production machinery and server networks equipment breakdown can result in significant interruption to your daily business activities therefore it’s essential to have adequate insurance.
What can it cover?
Plant, Machine and Equipment Breakdown insurance can offer:
- Equipment breakdown coverage, based on a single broad definition of ‘equipment’ which incorporates today’s technologies
- Business interruption coverage
- Cover for losses arising from service interruption, due to failure of utility or landlord’s equipment used to supply services such as electricity, internet, gas or water
- Cover for spoilage of stock
- Green upgrade enhancement
- Data restoration costs, extending to breakdown at data centre
What isn't covered
There are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover, so check with your GSK insurance broker.